Doctor of Pharmacy
The Doctor of Pharmacy program at Texas Southern University is an innovative interprofessional program located in the heart of Houston, steps away from the Texas Medical Center. The program includes simulations, hands-on laboratory experiences, and experiential learning opportunities that effectively prepare graduates for a career in pharmacy. The COPHS Office of Student Services team is here to support you! Below you will find information about our application process and our important deadline dates. Please be aware that all application steps must be completed prior to the application deadline to be considered in a specific review cycle. Each application that is incomplete at the review cycles deadline will be rolled over until the summer review.
Fall 2022 Admissions Cycle Dates to Know
|Application Deadline||September 20, 2021||December 6, 2021||March 7, 2022||May 30, 2022|
|October 4-6, 2021||December
|Multiple Mini Interviews
(additional dates added as needed)
|Decision Letters Mailed||October 29, 2021||February 4, 2022||April 22, 2022||June 24, 2022|
Final PharmCAS and supplemental applications deadline date: June 1, 2022
- Complete the PharmCAS Application
Our primary application portal is the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS). This system is used across the nation by many Doctor of Pharmacy degree programs.
Please be aware that it takes PharmCAS 5 – 6 weeks to verify the transcripts and documents that you send to them.
The admissions team can not consider your application until all your documents have been verified by PharmCAS.
- Official Transcripts from all college-level institutions attended
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- PharmCAS application fee
- Apply Texas Application
Our supplementary application portal is ApplyTexas. ApplyTexas is a statewide application portal for undergraduate and graduate students in Texas.
- Applicants without a Bachelors Degree - If you will NOT have earned a bachelor's degree by the fall term you are applying to complete an undergraduate transfer ApplyTexas application as a Biomedical Sciences (BS) student, and when asked are you applying for a professional program select pharmacy.
- Applicants with a Bachelors Degree- If you will have earned a bachelor's degree by the fall term you are applying to complete a graduate ApplyTexas application as a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) student.
- COPHS Supplemental Application Fee - A $100.00 COPHS application fee must be paid in addition to the PharmCAS application fee. This fee is non-transferable and non-refundable due to additional internal application processing completed by the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. Visit our College Store Front to pay this fee.
After you have completed the three-step application process a member of our admissions team will contact you regarding your application status. For additional admissions criteria visit the admissions criteria page.
If you have questions or want us to review your current coursework, we want to hear from you contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (713) 313-6700.