How to Apply for Work-Study
- Apply for work-study by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). There is an option stating if you would like to be considered for work-study. Respond to the question and you will be notified of an award, if you meet eligibility requirements and funds are available.
- Accept or decline your financial aid award(s) online at MyTSU . Print out the award screen (Account Detail by Term).
- Attend a Work-Study Success Orientation to learn how to become a successful work-study student. Check the schedule for orientation dates and times on the Work-Study Success Orientation page.
- Search for work-study job postings on the Work-Study Job Board.
- Contact the hiring supervisor and schedule an interview. If hired, complete the necessary documents on the Student Work-Study Forms page.
- If you are a returning work-study student, your employer(supervisor) must post the position online, and you must be formally rehired for the position. Returning students must complete and resubmit all appropriate documents.
- Complete all appropriate documents on the Work-Study Forms page.
- Submit the completed forms to the Work Study Coordinator in the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
- You and your new supervisor a "Ready to Work" email once your documents have been processed.
- You are ready to work!
Submit your Work Study package to the Office of Student Financial Assistance Welcome Center Room 130. Missing documents will result in a delay in your start date.