The objective of the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is to educate a diverse group of students by providing them with the knowledge, analytical ability, and management skills necessary for leadership positions in a world characterized by a diverse work force, rapid technological change, and a fiercely competitive global marketplace. The MBA program at Texas Southern University provides a general management education to individuals, who aspire to advance in their current career or wish to prepare themselves for a completely new career. Graduates of the MBA program are equipped with:
- An understanding of a broad array of business related to finance, accounting, economics, marketing, operations, statistics, and business law.
- Skills that enable the appropriate application of critical, analytical, and strategic thinking to the analysis of and development of solution to business programs.
- The ability to utilize information technology and systems for effective decision-making problem solving, and communications
- Strategies for leading and structuring high performance teams, working cooperatively, and communicating effectively.
- A greater appreciation for workplace diversity, ethical issues facing businesses today, and the challenges of the global marketplace.
The Master of Business Administration degree requires thirty-six (36) hours of course work, including six (6) hours of electives that allow students to build depth of knowledge in a particular business discipline. The additional concentrations in Accounting, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics and Healthcare Administration are available in the program. Course requirements for an MS MIS degree are described in Graduate in MBA Brochure
Graduates gain the necessary knowledge to move up the employment ladder in the employment organizations. We prepare our graduates for career opportunities in:
- Business Management
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resources
Employment Outlook: Compensation projections published by the National Association of Colleges and Employers predict that the average starting salary for MBA graduates in the class of 2019 will be $84,580 – more than $25,000 higher than the average starting salary projection for graduates with a bachelor's degree in business.