WELCOME TO TSU FACULTY SENATE
Recent News From The Faculty Senate
· FACULTY SENATE MEETINGS: Meetings are now scheduled to be in-person and are held on the first Thursday of every month. Next meeting is scheduled for September 7, 2023. Mask are not mandated but are encouraged due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
· FALL ELECTIONS: New Elected Officers for the 2023-2025 term will take office on September 1st, 2023.
Faculty Senate Members
The Faculty Assembly is the official policy-making body of the Texas Southern University (TSU) faculty. It is the faculty's vehicle for participation in the shared governance of the university.
The recommendations of the Faculty Assembly are made to either the Provost or directly to the President of the University for appropriate action or for endorsement to the Texas Southern University Board of Regents. The Assembly may delegate such powers as it chooses to the Faculty Senate. All decisions and/or actions of the Faculty Senate, however, are subject to review, endorsement, or repeal by the Faculty Assembly.
With this in mind, we have created some new things:
1. Open up the link below to find a How-To Guide, narrated by your chair!
- Faculty Manual - How-to-Guide
2. In response to preventing the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Faculty Senate meetings will be held virtually the first Thursday of every month during Fall 2020 until further notice. If the regular meeting day is a University holiday, the meeting shall convene on the following Thursday.