Legacy gifts play a vital role in fulfilling the priorities of Texas Southern University. Although there are many opportunities for funding endowment and capital needs, the following are the most urgent and compelling needs in relation to our top five priorities of the University. When planning your gift, we request that you please consider supporting these efforts.
1. Enhancing the Undergraduate Experience through supporting matching and endowed scholarships, expanding student academic success programs, and enhancing student life on campus
- The matching scholarships are four-year scholarships for continued support of students who maintain the required GPA of 3.0. The endowed scholarships are in perpetuity.
- Student Academic Success Programs include special programming for freshmen as well as college-based support for students in their majors.
- Student life enhancements include support for a new learning resource center/library; upgrading of student facilities, including key athletics facilities; and increased support for leadership training and preparation.
- The support for academic programs that are also key to urban success includes the new civil engineering program, the new electrical and computer engineering program, communications, education, law, and international business.
- Texas Southern University also offers a number of programs unique to the region, including aviation sciences, maritime transportation management, urban planning, entertainment management, sports management and emergency management and homeland security.
3. Creating an Urban Renaissance through funding of community outreach programs, arts improvement and outreach, and funding of programs to adopt feeder schools to create a pipeline of students to TSU.
4. Fostering an Entrepreneurial Spirit through funding the expansion of the entrepreneurial program in the School of Business, as well as entrepreneurial activities across the curriculum particularly in STEM fields and the University's new Engineering programs, and providing scholarships specifically for students to participate in these unique programs.
If you have already included Texas Southern University in your estate plans, please let us know so we can thank you for your generosity, make sure the purpose of your gift is understood by the University.