Welcome to the MTM Tiger Tutoring and Online Writing and Reading Lab
Motto: Where Tigerific Things Happen!
Mission Statement: The mission of the MTM Tiger Tutoring Online Writing and Reading Lab is to provide writing aid to TSU students in all disciplines across campus. Our goal is for TSU students to grow into independent writers and editors. The Tiger Writing Lab will provide them with writing techniques that will allow them to edit their papers independently before submission.
The writing lab and tutorial assistance are for any student needing writing help at any stage of the writing process. You must be a currently enrolled student.
Tiger Writing Lab Guidelines
- Students must sign-in with TSU sign-in information
- Students may drop in at any time to see a tutor. Students can come to the Writing Lab or online for a 15–30-minute tutorial session(s) up to 3 times each week, but not more than once a day.
- Tutors will review and offer suggestions for paper corrections. It is your discretion to edit assignments. We give advice based on writing guidelines and essay content.
- Students must bring a copy of the assignment or essay prompt and a hardcopy (typed) of the paper for in person appointments. However, for online in person assistance, you must submit a draft of the paper accompanied with prompt and your writing concerns. You can request an online virtual tutorial session.
- Tutors will review mid-terms, essay exams or final exams assignments.
- To maintain the learning environment, we ask that all patrons silence cell phones and disruptive devices while in the lab. If you need to take a phone call, please step out of the lab into the main hallway.
- The lab will not hold writing tutorial session within 15 minutes of closing. You will have to submit paper online.
- Papers submitted require 24–48-hour turnaround to return your paper after reviewing. We ask that you submit papers early.
Note: The Tiger Writing Lab offers suggestions for improving the content of the paper structure based on MLA or APA guidelines and rhetorical stylistic development.
(In person and Online)
The undergraduate advisor is Mr. Daveon Gee ( Daveon.Gee@tsu.edu), and the graduate advisor is Dr. Michon Benson ( Michon.Benson@tsu.edu).
With general questions about the writing lab, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. With specific concerns, contact Tiffany L. Ware, Director of the MTM Tiger Writing Lab
3100 Cleburne Street, MLK 252
Houston, Texas 77004
713-313-7981 | email@example.com