Handshake is your one-stop shop & world-class career development platform.
Not sure where to start, or know exactly what you need? Use your Handshake account to:
Schedule a career counseling appointment
Career Ambassadors can help with major and grad school exploration, career assessments, resume reviews, mock interviews, and more!
- Employers want to hire TSU students. Handshake is the CPDC’s job and internship database. Unlike other job search websites, employers who post in Handshake are specifically looking for TSU students and alumni. Use Handshake to apply for externships, internships, jobs, on-campus interviews, and to RSVP to events. You can also opt-in to making your profile searchable by employers.
- The CPDC can help you connect with employers in every career cluster, whether you want to explore job fields or network with people in your industry – on campus or beyond the hedges. You can also explore careers through job shadowing (externships).
- RSVP for workshops and employer events including information sessions, on-campus interviews, and career fairs.
- Resources are available 24/7 on Handshake for exploring career paths, compiling your resume, CV, and cover letters, interviewing, international student information, professional attire, and more.
Texas Southern University and the Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC) makes no representations or guarantees about positions posted by employers through this office. The CPDC is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions or other aspects of off-campus employment. Due to the volume of jobs received by this office, we are unable to research the integrity of each organization or person that lists a job with us.
Therefore, you are urged to undertake this responsibility yourself. If you are suspicious about a job listed in Handshake, please email us.
How to log in
Click the photo below to login with your TSU student email and Password.
FAQsHow do I make an appointment with a career counselor?
- Login to Handshake from the button on your left to make an appointment with a career counselor.
- Click on “Request Appointment.”
- Select your category and appointment type.
- Click on the calendar and choose a date to check for availability.
How do I RSVP for events?
To register, log in to Handshake and select your event from the list of upcoming programs. You can also view all upcoming events on our calendar.