The TMCF Fleischer HBCU Scholars Program is a two-week summer program for high achieving high school juniors held on the campus of Texas Southern University. The program aims to serve students by providing a unique opportunity to learn about HBCU institutions, college admission, financial aid and scholarships resources, as well as, exploring entrepreneurship, business, and communication majors and careers during the two-week program. This program is free to all participants.
- Eligibility: Current high school juniors who will graduate in 2022; eligible students must participate in the program during the summer before their senior year.
- Program Dates: Monday, June 14, 2021 through Friday, June 25, 2021
- To apply - Applicants must provide the following:
- Academic information, including Official high school transcript, ACT/SAT scores (if taken)
- Evidence of school involvement (clubs, organizations, activities)
- Two short essays:
- What do you hope to learn and/or accomplish as a participant in the program?
- What is motivating you to pursue education at a collegiate level?
All application materials should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the pandemic, this year's program will be held through a virtual format. Students will be required to have access to a computer and Wifi service to participate in the virtual program.
Want to attend a virtual information session to learn more about the TMCF HBCU Scholars Program?
Brian Armstrong, Ed.D.
TMCF Fleischer HBCU Scholars Program
Texas Southern University
Hannah Hall 210